Policies and GDPR
School policies cover every aspect of school life. Below are some of our most important policies for your reference. If you want to know our policy on something that is not listed, please ask the school office.
As we are moving towards a paperless future we kindly ask for all to use the online versions of policy. If paper copies are required these can be requested by calling (020 8950 2505) or emailing the school (email@example.com).
What is GDPR
General Data Protection Regulation
Data protection rules across Europe are about to see their biggest overhaul in 20 years. A lot has changed since the existing data protection laws and regulations were created in the 1990s. As a society, we’re creating vast amounts of digital information each day and the laws that govern our personal info are no longer fit for purpose.
The result is the mutually agreed European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), it will change how businesses, public sector organisations and schools can handle the information of their customers or in schools its parents, students and staff.
What are you rights
- We are required to ask your consent to use the data that we hold on your child you have the right to withdraw that consent.
- You have the right to be informed – all schools must be transparent in how they are using personal data.
- You have the right to data portability – this allows individuals to retain and reuse their personal data for their own purpose.
- You have the right to object – in some circumstances, individuals are entitled to object to their personal data being used.
- You have the right to rectification of incorrect or incomplete data and a duty to ensure we are informed if any information changes– giving individuals the right to rectify personal data.
- You have the right to erasure – often referred to the right to be forgotten.
How is school data used?
The following document outlines important information for staff, students and parents relating to how we use the data we collect:
Behaviour Policy - currently under review