The Governing Body is a key part of any school; it's constitution and responsibilities are set out in various Acts of Parliament.
The Governing Body has three key roles:
- Setting the strategic direction of he school
- Monitoring the work of the school by reviewing the performance of the head teacher
- Ensuring financial viability
Falconer Governing Body have a strategic role in the development of the school but are not involved in the day-to-day management – that is the role of the Headteacher. They are accountable to the wider community for the conduct of the school and in turn hold the school leadership group to account for raising standards and ensuring every child finds and reaches their potential.
Falconer Governing Body are a diverse group of people with a wide variety of skills and experience which, coupled with our knowledge of the school, we use to challenge and support the leadership group in their work.
The Governing Body
The full Governing Body meets three times a year. At each meeting we receive a report from the Headteacher and minutes from the various committees. Other items are discussed or approved at specific times of the year for example exam results, plan for school improvement and budget.
The main Governing Body is supported by three main committees which meet once each half term.
- The Resources Committee is concerned with budget and finance, premises and health and safety
- The Human Resources Committee considers staffing, appraisal and training.
- The Curriculum, Achievement and Well-being Committee deals with standards, curriculum, pastoral care and student well-being, SEND and Pupil Premium
All governors are members of at least one of the committees (see below). We also attend public events such as; music concerts, the annual Celebration Day, prize-giving assemblies and PTCs. Please come and talk with Governors while you are at these events.
In addition, each Governor is linked to a faculty or specific area of school such as Child Protection, SEND and the Curriculum. In this role Governors regularly come into school to meet with staff and students.
The Clerk to the Governors, Julie Raybould, can be contacted by email
Meet the Governors