At Falconer School we do not accept or condone of bullying of any kind.
We are a friendly, and inclusive community where everyone has the right to study and work in a safe and secure environment. No one should work in an environment where there is harassment, intimidation or fear.
We aim to reduce and eradicate instances in which students are made to feel frightened, excluded or unhappy and respond effectively to all instances of bullying that are reported.
Our Anti-bullying policy is available for all to read and outlines our aims, roles and responsibilities, prevention strategies and actions.
Bullying can be defined as repeated behaviour which is intended to hurt someone either emotionally or physically.
Bullying can take many forms including:
- Physical assault
- Social bullying
- Threatening behaviour
- Name calling
- Tell a trusted member of staff
- Tell a member of the Pastoral or Safeguarding Team
- Tell a member of the Student Council
- Use the school email address: firstname.lastname@example.org if you feel you are being bullied or have witnessed bullying behaviour – this can be anonymous
- Tell a parent or carer so they can inform us
- Do not engage in any kind of bullying in return
- Do not attempt to handle it alone – ask for help!