NCFE Level 2 Certificate in Business and Enterprise
This qualification is designed for learners who want an introduction to business and enterprise that includes a vocational and hands-on element. It has been developed to enthuse and inspire learners about a career in business and enterprise. The qualification will appeal to learners who wish to either set up their own business, move into employment or progress onto further study.
The units you will study in year 10:
Introduction To Business and Enterprise
This unit aims to give learners an introduction to business and enterprise. It gives learners an introduction to start up projects and helps them to identify risks and rewards.
The learner will:
- Understand different types of businesses.
- Understand the characteristics of an entrepreneur.
- Know about risks and rewards in business and enterprise.
- Understand how to plan a business or enterprise project.
Marketing for Business and Enterprise
This unit aims to give learners an insight into market research, and different marketing opportunities and techniques. The learner will:
- Understand different aspects of marketing.
- Understand the methods of market research.
- Understand the marketing mix.
- Be able to evaluate the effectiveness of different marketing methods.
The units you will study year 11:
Finance for Business and Enterprise
This unit aims to provide learners with a basic knowledge and understanding of business finance for a new business or enterprise. The learner will:
- Understand sources of business funding.
- Be able to produce a financial plan for a new business or enterprise
- Understand financial record keeping
Plan, Develop and Participate in a Business or Enterprise Project
This unit aims to develop a project plan and implement the project. The learner will then go on to evaluate the overall success of the project.